Sunday, August 19, 2007

HEALING DIABETES~GETTING STARTED-GETTING WELL

When I was a child I remember hearing about Diabetes and being terrified that I'd 'catch' it because of the two things I believed about it.

First> It was a death sentance, it would be with me until I died which would happen pretty soon.

Second>I'd have to give myself shots which I knew I could never do.

Then I lived my life like I was going to live forever. In fact I ate drank and made merry like there was no tomorrow, and guess what, there wasn't. This all caught up to me when I hit about 40 and I was on the downward slide from there. I began with getting Hemorrhoids so bad they bled and HURT; still I stayed on my meat diet, I ate meat and some starchy stuff. Lots of sweets, in fact just last year I bought a huge box of chocolates from Norway to eat all by myself! I didn't like fruits or most vegetables so I ignored them.

Hi, my name is Barbara Jean Bailey and I'm a diabetic. It's not like I didn't know much about Nutrition, in fact it was something I'd studied for many many years, I'd buy the Rodale books and read them cover to cover. I was always the one at parties with the 'arcane' knowledge for bee stings relief from your kitchen cupboard. In fact I had an arsenal of information at my fingertips on exactly which minerals or vitamins to take for which maladies. I guess I figured the knowledge was enough, and because I was so-armed I'd stay healthy.

But I didn't, as I said I started the down that slippery slope to death when I was 40. I ate all the cheese I wanted even with the awful constipation I had that precipitated the hemorrhoids. I ate meat, meat and more meat, lots of potatoes and other fattening foods. No, I'll never be a vegetarian.

When I was right around 48 I found out I had diabetes, but I absolutely refused to believe it so I spent the next several years walking around with abnormal blood sugar readings, getting fatter and since I was now also post-menopausal the weight just accumulated, I was getting sicker ; still eating, drinking and being merry. I suddenly acquired a bad case of bronchitis and often I would spend weeks unable to get much sleep, but hey by this time I found sleep was elusive anyway, I was losing brain power, I felt like Charly in Flowers for Algernon.

I knew I was getting dumber but I am getting older and so what...By this time I was 55 and dying for sure. I thought briefly about getting well using my 'knowledge' of natural healing, but; my oh my, that would take so long. I went to see a doctor, finally, he informed me that I would have to take insulin and eat right for the rest of my life. Oh NO! no more chocolate binges? No more nachos? No more Pizzas eaten until the pieces were cold? No more day after day just sitting watching TV and vegging out? I had to exercise? I had to give myself shots? I had to quit eating all my favorites until my stomach nearly burst? There's got to be a better way. I started reading on the net, I bought Robert O. Young's book "The pH Miracle for Weight Loss", and Richard K. Bernstein's book, "The Diabetes Diet". I also got Julian M. Whittaker's book "Reversing Diabetes". All are available on Amazon.com.

My doctor and later the education nurse taught me how to do my blood sugar readings to give appropriate amounts of insulin at the right times. I'd already seen that the diabetic pills were dangerous and I'd have to do the insulin shots but I certainly did not want to accept the death sentence of "Diabetes". I began by reading Bernstein's book and Whittaker's book and started dieting and exercising.

I bought supplements I found recommended on the 'net, took minerals and omega-3's and omega-6's, Diabetic formulas [see these on the column on the right.] And slowly lost weight and brought my diabetes under control, but still I HAD diabetes, and I WANT IT GONE!

In reading Robert O. Young's literature I found that a sick body is an acidic body, an acidic body is a sick body so how can I make it alkaline instead. I ate mountains of broccoli, but I just love meat [an acid food] so what am I going to do? I got an email from Burt Goulding at Positive Power Nutrition, he recommended a product called cellpower[tm].

As soon as I started to take cellpower I noticed a big difference, I had lots of energy, I was able to sleep, my ability to think clearly was coming back, I'd already lost some weight but it still kept coming off. I felt better every day.

I started telling my friends and selling it to them, then I decided it was time to tell the whole world that this product really does work and will help heal people from all sorts of problems, anything related to an acidic body, including cancer and inflammatory diseases, it's really helping with my diabetes, which, even though I'm not on a diabetic diet any more is keeping it controlled to where even after a meal my blood glucose levels are not all that high. I used to have glucose levels of close to 400, now I'm down to below 140 consistently.

I want to tell the whole world that due to poor life-style choices the diseases they have can be controlled even reversed.

I'm still on a nominal amount of insulin note the name of the blog "Healing Diabetes", but my goal is to be insulin free by Christmas. I know with God's help I will be. I eat a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables, but I avoid all processed foods, High Fructose corn Syrup, trans fats, MSG, Genetically modified foods, sugary things and the microwave. My PH is nearly normal and the occasional slip of having popcorn and cocoa in the evenings doesn't affect my health. Stay tuned as I learn how to do this reporting thing and get back to robust good health.

No comments: